You do not need to apply for a Georgia license unless you become a resident of Georgia.
A super driver's license would have the same effect on a massive scale, as Latinos, Asians, Muslims, and persons of Middle Eastern descent become subject to ceaseless status and identity checks from police, banks, merchants and others. Failure to carry a national ID card would likely come to be viewed as a reason for search, detention or arrest. Clearing Stops on the National Driver Registry If you have “stops” on your driver license that prevent you from renewing or reinstating it, you must clear them with whatever state entered them into your driver record in the National Driver Registry (NDR). You can then call DVLA to check the driver’s details after they’ve given their permission. DVLA - for the person doing the check Telephone: 0906 139 3837 (calls cost 51p per minute). As a rideshare, taxi, limo, or other driver-for-hire, how can I protect myself and others? As a driver-for-hire, potential sources of exposure include having close contact with passengers with COVID-19, or touching surfaces touched or handled by a person with COVID-19.
If you become a resident, you must meet the requirements for Identity, Citizenship, and Residency. If you are driving in Georgia with a license issued by a driver's licensing authority of a foreign country, a law enforcement officer may ask for your passport or visa to verify the validity of your driver's license. See Georgia Rule O.C.G.A. § 40-5-21 for information.
All documents must be in English.
- Georgia recognizes driver's licenses issued by countries that have a reciprocal agreement with the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS). The license must be equivalent to a Georgia Class C Regular License
- Driver’s licenses issued by the Republic of South Korea and accompanied by a License Certification Letter from the South Korean Consulate is exempt from taking the Georgia knowledge (written) and road tests. You will be required to take and pass a vision exam.
- If you are a driver from a nation that does not have a reciprocal agreement with DDS, you will be required to take and pass a Georgia's written, road and vision test to get your Georgia Driver's License.
- All drivers are required to present their Foreign/International License/or ID Card.
- South Korea ONLY: You must also present a letter from the South Korean Consulate.
- All Foreign/International Licenses will be returned with the following exceptions:
- You are applying for a Commercial License or Permit
- You are a US Citizens who holds a license, permit, or ID card issued by any foreign jurisdiction or US Territory
- Customers with dual citizenship U.S. and foreign may choose whether or not they wish to retain a foreign driver's license unless you are applying for a Commercial License or Permit.
Social Security Number Requirements
National Others Driver Login
- All applicants must provide either a Social Security number or a letter of ineligibility for a Social Security Card Denial Notice (Form SSAL 676). All non-US Citizens who are not authorized to work in the United States, under their current immigration status, will need to obtain the Form SSA-L676.
- Collection and verification of social security numbers are required by state and federal law prior to issuance of a driver’s license or identification card. You must present this form if required when visiting a Customer Service Center.
IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
You must obtain a letter of ineligibility, (Form SSAL676), from the Social Security Administration if the Department of Homeland Security has not given you permission to work in the United States.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS BASED ON WORK AUTHORIZATION:
Non-citizens who have permission from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to work in the United States must apply for a Social Security number. To apply for a Social Security number or for further details on social security numbers for non-US citizens visit, www.ssa.gov
For a full list of documents showing you identity, residential address, U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States, please visit Real ID Requirements.
Non-Citizens Driver’s License, Permit or Identification Card One-Time Extension
The Department of Driver Services provides a one-time 120-day extension for any non-citizen who meets the following requirements:
- Must be an existing DDS customer
- The Georgia license, permit or identification card must have expired or must be expiring within thirty (30) days
- Must provide proof of having requested an extension for time to remain lawfully within the United States by presenting an original I-797C Notice of Action.
What are the National Driver Register (NDR) and Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS)?
The National Driver Register (NDR) is a division in the National Center for Statistics and Analysis under the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The NDR maintains the computerized database known as the Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS) which contains information on individuals whose privilege to operate a motor vehicle has been revoked, suspended, canceled or denied or who have been convicted of serious traffic-related offenses. The records maintained at the NDR consist of identification information including name, date of birth, gender, driver license number, and reporting State. Based on information received as a result of an NDR search, PDPS will 'point' the State of Inquiry (SOI) to the State of Record (SOR), where an individual's driver status and history information is maintained.
Possible NDR status outputs from system:
- No Match: The individual does not have record on the PDPS
- Match: The individual does have a record on the PDPS
- Licensed (LIC): Licensed means the individual holds a license in that State and the privilege to drive is valid. (Only drivers who previously had a suspension/revocation and have cleared their history are included here.)
- Eligible (ELG): The individual’s privilege to drive or apply for a license in a State(s) is valid
- Not Eligible (NELG): The individual’s privilege to drive in a State(s) is invalid
National Others Driver License
>> Frequently Asked Questions
U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Web Policies & Notices
Office of Inspector General
No Fear Act Data
National Others Driver Portal
National Others Drivers
The White House